Sunday, February 8, 2015

Grey Day

Well, experiment proves that indeed I don't really have time to write a blog...at least not on a regular basis - since my last post was in 2013 or something like that! Yikes! okay, maybe I forgot about it...so is it worth resurrecting? Well, we'll see...
I really don't have much of a reason to post my thoughts, so perhaps it will remain private and be my own diary.
Today as I write, it is drizzly and gray. A good thing for the Valley, since we are in year 4 of severe drought. The rain is like a gift, but the kind of gift that you look forward to (because the news casters keep telling you it;s coming), but when you finally get it, it's a bit of a disappointment (smaller, less exciting than you imagined). And that is the case with the rain here...not nearly the amount of rain we've been "promised" based on the weather "models." But some is clearly better than none, so I'm grateful for a gray day.
I think of all the millions (slight exaggeration) of times I ran [in the dark] in spitting rain that stung because of the relentless wind (that seemed to hit you in the face no matter what direction you were running!?) And how tired of that I became...I can only think of a handful of times I've run in any rain at all here, and no time when it was lashing against my face, stinging and cold! Ahhhh, the surface of the sun does have it's advantages. :)
The fog here is a bit creepy (especially in the dark). The Central Vally is known for it's "tule fog" which can be quite dense and obscuring, so heavy that it drips from trees and and wets the pavement. It can last for days, and some of those days not even burn off entirely before it once again sets in to obscure visibility, but it does not sting your face.
And now, even as I write, there is a slight clearing, the clouds part for a hint of sunshine to peek through...yes, living on the surface of the sun has it's advantages.
Now, if we could only eliminate the drought...

No comments:

Post a Comment